Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital in Bothell WA
The Center for Bird and Exotic Animal Medicine is an exclusive bird and exotic animal veterinary hospital with the expertise to confidently and competently care for all species of non-traditional pets located near Seattle, WA.
We are happy to welcome our new Medical Director, Dr. Anneliese Strunk. She has recently joined our team from Texas. She is a specialist in avian medicine, receiving her training at the University of Georgia and UC Davis. (See the rest of her Bio here).
The Center for Bird and Exotic Animal Medicine (CBEAM) cares exclusively for exotic pets, including:
- birds [parrots, passerines (canaries, finches), poultry (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys), raptors]
- reptiles (lizards, snakes, chelonians (turtles/tortoises)
- amphibians (frogs, salamanders)
- Small Mammals [guinea pigs, ferrets, rabbits, chinchillas, hedgehogs, smaller rodents (rats, gerbils, hamsters, mice, degus), sugar gliders]
- invertebrates (such as tarantulas) wallabies
- …and less commonly seen exotic species, including exotic cats, wallabies, kangaroos, kinkajous, fennec foxes, opossums, etc.
If your pet is not listed above, please call to discuss.
We treat all animals except for dogs, domestic cats, horses, and cows.
Everything at our state-of-the-art, 7000 square foot facility was designed with the special needs of birds and exotic pets in mind. Our hospital is located 10 miles north of Seattle, in Bothell, Washington.
We’re hosting an Open House and you’re invited!
Come explore the world of exotic pets while supporting a good cause!
Save the Date: June 12th, 2016
Time: 12-4 p.m.
- Take a tour! Check out our state-of-the-art facilities and learn about what our hospital has to offer for your exotic pet.
- Meet and greet with your favorite exotics! Find out what it takes to care for an assortment of exotic animal species. Touch and interact with reptiles, birds, and exotic mammals!
- Teddy Bear Surgery! Children are encouraged to bring their “injured” stuffed pet for an exam. Our veterinary team will assess the “patient's” injuries and lead children in surgery to get their fluffy friend back to health. Need a new stuffed pet in your life? We’ll have some available for “adoption” at the event. ☺ Reservations are strongly recommended, as wait times may be long otherwise. Call our receptionists at 425-486-9000 to schedule a "stuffed animal surgery appointment."
- Visit our booths! A variety of booths representing area rescues, wildlife rehabilitators, and exotics-related organizations will be present to share information about their services.
- Games galore! Game stations for kids to showcase animal anatomy, veterinary medicine, exotic animal husbandry, wild animal conservation, and animal training.
- Training tips! Educational sessions demonstrating how to clicker train an animal with positive reinforcement... by teaching participants how to clicker train a person with positive reinforcement!
- Donate towards a worthy cause! Raffles and a dunk tank will be going on throughout the event to help raise money for the CBEAM Compassionate Care Fund (CCF). The fund was created to support pets and people in need. Donations to the fund are used to help dedicated pet owners provide veterinary treatment during extraordinarily difficult circumstances. The CCF is completely dependent on private donations, and as a result, availability varies. The fund is only used for very special cases, and requires doctor/management approval for access.
- Treats! Free snacks and t-shirts (while supplies last)
Don't miss this educational, family-friendly event!
Click here before your appointment to fill out our online New Client Form and Husbandry Form for your pet.Learn More
Hear what our clients are saying about their experience at our hospital. If your pet or animal is currently a patient, feel free to give us your feedback!Learn More
Preventive Pet Care
Monitoring your pet’s health is important. Early detection and correction of medical problems will help to ensure that your pet will live a long, healthy and active life.Learn More