Skip NavigationSkip to Primary Content

International Health Certificates

Going out of the country? As a federally accredited veterinarian practice, we can issue travel and acclimation certificates for your healthy pet so they can travel internationally with you.


We understand that your pet is family, and that when you travel, you want them right by your side. Our USDA accredited veterinarians can issue travel health certificates (Certificate of Veterinary Inspection) for your healthy exotic animal so that they may travel internationally with you.

Why does my pet need a certificate to travel?

Only pets in good health are permitted to travel by plane or boat. The country you are traveling to may have specific health requirements that must be met before your pet can enter. Certain health requirements may include: up to date vaccinations, specific titers, ecto- and endoparasite testing, etc. Health certificates ensure that your pet is healthy to travel and unlikely to transfer diseases to other pets or people.

International certificate requirements for exotic species varies widely from country to country and can take up to several months to complete. This can require many hours of research on the part of both you and your doctor and can be a long and frustrating process. This process must be started at least 6 weeks prior to your travel date, and it is strongly recommended to start the process even earlier if possible. It is best to determine details like the dates of travel and the destination early on so that requirements can be met in time for your travels.

Due to the complications inherent in traveling with an exotic animal, we require a non-refundable deposit at the time that the initial request is made for an International Health Certificate, which will cover the first 3 hours of research and initial examination of your pet.

Unfortunately, there is no way to guarantee successful entry into any country, though we will do our best with our research to determine how best we can succeed in having your exotic pet accompany you internationally.

How can I obtain an international health certificate?

***Please note that Health Certificate services are not available on an emergency basis.

Before you start the process, you need to determine the destination country and dates of travel.

We will work with you to determine the health certificate requirements based on your travel destination. Since requirements are determined by each country and can change frequently, we suggest you check the current pet travel health requirements for your destination country on the USDA website:

We will perform a health exam to determine if your pet has any sign of disease or health risks that could pass along to others while traveling. We will also ensure that your pet has all required vaccinations to travel. Once all requirements are met, we will issue a certificate indicating that your pet has been cleared to travel.